INR 01-19 Bachelor-/ Masterthesis or Internship: Dynamic Modelling of Power Conversion System for a Fusion Power Plant
This bachelor / master thesis / internship foresees the modelling of the main components of power conversion system (PCS), i.e. steam generator, steam turbine, etc. A preliminary dynamic PCS model is already available and should be further adapted to specific conditions of DEMO FPP. The understanding of the interfaces among the components of PCS is essential for a safe and reliable DEMO FPP operation. The scope here is the improvement of the stability and efficiency of the modelled power conversion system. The program MATLAB/SIMULINK will be used for the modelling.
During the bachelor / master thesis / internship, the student will fulfil the following tasks:
1. Study of required input and output parameters for the dynamic Power Conversion System model in MATLAB/SIMULINK
2. Integrate the main mathematical equations via MATLAB needed for the dynamic PCS model
3. Preliminary design of the first components of dynamic PCS model via MATLAB/SIMULINK
The results will be summarized in written form and discussed during a presentation.
The bachelor / master thesis or an internship report can be written either in German or in English.
MATLAB/SIMULINK program would be used for extension of dynamic model to study the dynamic behaviour of power conversion system of DEMO fusion power plant.
- Bachelor / Master thesis: possibility to write in English or German
- Interest and motivation for field of energy technology
- Basic knowledge in MATLAB/SIMULINK are advantageous
- Independent, motivated and structured work
Institute for Neutron Physics and Reactor Technology (INR)
up to 6 months
Contact person in line-management
Maria Bologa (M.Sc.)
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number INR 01-19.
Personnel Support is provided by
Telefon: +49 721 608-25184,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
We prefer to balance the number of female and male employees. Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
If qualified, handicapped applicants will be preferred.