KIT offers PhDs in natural science, engineering science, economic science, the humanities, and social science. Besides choosing your individual PhD program, you can join structured programs such as research training groups and graduate schools. The Karlsruhe School of Optics and Photonics (KSOP) is a graduate school founded within the Excellence Initiative. Besides, there are further graduate schools e.g., the BioInterFaces-International Graduate School (BIF-IGS). Please click here to find a list of all KIT PhD programs.
At KIT, PhD students profit from:
- an excellent research environment,
- practically oriented or theoretical topics,
- interdisciplinary project work,
- close connections with the industry,
- intensive supervision at the institutes,
- top-quality equipment and efficient infrastructure,
- close contacts to other PhD students,
- options for professional and personal qualification,
- early networking and internationalization,
- good career prospects,
- an international work environment.
During their PhD, all KIT PhD students will find special support at the Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (KHYS). KHYS awards scholarships abroad and promotes courses and events on interdisciplinary further qualification and career planning.
Vacancies for PhD students