Research associate (f/m/d)
X-ray Phase-Contrast Imaging Methods Development for Synchrotron Radiation
Laboratorium für Applikationen der Synchrotronstrahlung (LAS)
The IMAGING Department at the LAS of KIT develops advanced methods of X-ray tomography and microscopy with synchrotron radiation for applications in life sciences and materials research at its experimental stations at the KIT-Light-Source in Karlsruhe, the ESRF in Grenoble and the PETRA-III and later PETRA-IV storage ring at DESY Hamburg.
As a scientist (f/m/d) you will be responsible for the further development of X-ray phase contrast imaging methods, theory and algorithms, and their optimization for serial tomography and hierarchical X-ray imaging at the HIKA station at PETRA III. This includes algorithms for image formation and phase reconstruction for low and very high coherence conditions and involves holographic imaging using parallel beam magnifying crystal optics as well as focusing beam optics.
In the context of this activity, the possibility of habilitation is given as well as participation in teaching in the form of tutorials, lectures and block lectures.
The place of work can be Hamburg or Karlsruhe. The research is embedded in an interdisciplinary team of physicists, computer scientists, biologists and material scientists of the imaging group at KIT and DESY.
as soon as possible
- You have a university degree (Diplom (Uni)/Master) in physics, mathematics of informatics with a completed PhD or comparable education.
- Experience in some fields of scientific computing related to wave optics, x-ray imaging / coherent imaging, or / and algorithms for forward and inverse problems of image formation and reconstruction (analytical and iterative) is desired.
- Experience with phase-contrast imaging methods is a plus.
- A very good command of English is a prerequisite.
- The job requires a strong ability to work in a team and experience in leading and coordinating project teams as well as initiative, determination and resilience in multidisciplinary projects.
Salary category EG 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
3 years, with the option of contract prolongation for habilitation (tenure track)
Application up to
December 4, 2022
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Baumbach, phone +49 721 608-26820.
Please send your application in electronic form to: Ms. Bianca Uschold, email: email@example.com.
vacancy number: 2263/2022
We prefer to balance the number of female and male employees (f/m/d). Therefore, we kindly encourage female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.