IMT 46-2022 Master Thesis in Unravelling parameters for Electrohydrodynamic printing: Electrospinning of nanofibers
Institut für Mikrostrukturtechnik (IMT)
For this project, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, and motivated student with an interest in exploiting methods of polymer fiber production, advanced microscopy characterization techniques, materials science, chemistry, and polymers. The candidate should be self-motivated with interests in various nanoprinting methods, simulation methods (COMSOL, FEA), and fiber characterization for various nanopatterning applications. The overarching goal of this project will be to unravel the various electrospinning parameters and their effect on Taylor cones, fiber resolution, accuracy, and precise nanopatternings at the nanoscale, which will allow for the printing of various multi-material nanostructures for diverse micro and nanoscale 3D printing applications.
The specific tasks within the project will involve:
- synthesis of diverse nanofibers using electrospinning,
- correlation of various process parameters and their effects on Taylor cone formation and electrospinning process, nanopatterning, etc., and
- improving the resolution, accuracy, and precision of the electrospinning process for various device and nanoprinting applications.
During the master’s thesis, you will get hands-on experience in, electrospinning, morphological and structural characterization (XRD, SEM), and electrospinning of diverse multi-materials, having the opportunity to get exposure to a wide range of printing techniques.
You will be integrated with the other teams of IMT and within this project, you will use the infrastructure existent at the Institute of Microstructure Technology (IMT), i.e., microfabrication facilities, electrospinning process, and printing. This is a complete project, offering the possibility to fabricate and test the devices, giving you the opportunity to co-author conference and/or journal publications.
- Filed of study: Mechanical/electrical and chemical engineering.
- Good academic record (marks); curious about various aspects of science.
- Enthusiastic to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Independent thinker and team player.
- In particular: a strong interest in Electrohydrodynamic processes such as electrospinning, fluid dynamics, and simulation methods.
- Knowledge in synthesis of polymers and their fluid properties, handling of solid works, AutoCAD is desirable.
limited for 6-9 months
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Dr. Sharma, phone +49 721 608-29312, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bitte bewerben Sie sich online über den unten stehenden Button für die Ausschreibungsnummer IMT 46-2022.
Ausschreibungsnummer: IMT 46-2022
Bei gleicher Eignung werden anerkannt schwerbehinderte Menschen bevorzugt berücksichtigt.
Bei allgemeinen Fragen zur Bewerbung:
Personalservice (PSE) - Personalbetreuung
Frau Carrasco Sanchez
Telefon: +49 721 608-42016,
Kaiserstr. 12, 76131 Karlsruhe