PhD Research Fellow
part time 75%
Institut für Angewandte Geowissenschaften (AGW)
The candidate will have the responsibility to conduct internationally visible research in the project MALEG (Machine Learning for Enhancing Geothermal energy production) with focus on the geochemical characterization of geothermal systems and monitoring during various operation modes of an experimental setup. Your responsibility will be literature research, field work at three geothermal sites in Germany, Austria and Turkey, sampling and sample preparation, hydro-chemical analyses, mineral chemistry, data interpretation and publishing of research results in internationally recognized journals. You will be given the opportunity to prepare a PhD thesis.
as soon as possible
- You have a MSc degree (or equivalent) in geosciences with research interest in hydrothermal processes and geochemistry.
- You have basic experience and strong interest in the analysis of fluid hydrochemistry, reservoir characterization and the combination with mineral chemistry.
- You are motivated, open for new research fields and able to communicate with technicians, other researchers and industry.
- Excellent English skills are mandatory (C1 level preferred).
- Field work at the three power plant sites will be in the framework of the MALEG program.
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
limited for 3 years
Application up to
October 31, 2022
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Dr. Tobias Kluge, phone +49 721 608-46373.
Applications should include a letter of motivation and the usual documents (motivation letter, CV, complete publication list, certificates). Applications must be sent in digital form to Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) – Campus South, Prof. Dr. Thomas Kohl, Institute of Applied Geosciences, Division of Geothermal Energy and Reservoir Technology, Adenauerring 20B, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany, or via email to email@example.com.
vacancy number: 2201/2022
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore, we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.