Post-Doctoral Research Position, Probability Theory (f/m/d)
Institute of Stochastics (STOCH)
The successful applicant is expected to work in the area of spatial stochastics and stochastic geometry. In particular the applicant is expected to contribute to a research project on hyperuniform and rigid point processes funded by the DFG Priority Programme “Random Geometric Systems”
(SPP 2265) (see https://www.wias-berlin.de/projects/SPP2265/) and to play an active role in the working group.
as soon as possible
- You have good knowledge of probability theory.
- You have completed (or nearly completed) a PhD-thesis in a modern area of probability theory.
- You are interested in working on spatial stochastics.
- You have published in good international journals.
- You are expected to have a good command of the English language.
- Some knowledge of German would be helpful but is formally not required.
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
limited to 3 years
Application up to
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Günter Last via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 3703.
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
If qualified, severely disabled persons will be preferred.
Personnel Support is provided by:
Phone: +49 721 608-42016,
Kaiserstr. 12, 76131 Karlsruhe