IMT 14-2022 Master Thesis or Internship: Microfabrication and/or simulation of inductive levitation micro-actuator transporter system
Institut für Mikrostrukturtechnik (IMT)
Electromagnetic levitation is defined as the stable or indifferent equilibrium of a body without material contact to its surrounding environment, which is reached by means of stored electromagnetic energy inducing, in turn, the ponderamotive forces acting on the levitated body and equilibrating the gravitational forces. Electromechanical systems implement the principle of electromagnetic levitation on a micro-scale is referred as levitation microsystems.
Levitation microsystems provides solutions in overcoming the domination of friction over inertial forces at the micro-scale. Thus, the levitation microsystems are very attractive for applications in micro-inertial-sensors, micro-motors, micro-actuators switches, micro-accelerators, particle traps, digital micro-fluidics, nano-force sensors, micro-transporters, micro-bearings and etc.
In our research group in the Institute for Microstructure Technology (IMT), we focus on the on the developing of a 2D array for cooperative hybrid levitation micro-actuators for supporting the levitation of arbitrary shaped objects, performing their linear and angular positioning and transportation.
This master project will involve tasks including:
- Design of 2D arrays of the micro-actuators;
- Fabrication of 2D arrays of the micro-actuators using microfabrication technology (photolithography, RIE, electroplating, etc.);
- Fabrication and functionalization into micro-actuators;
- Characterisation of fabricated arrays with white light interferometry, impedance spectroscopy;
- Characterization arrays of inductive levitation micro-actuators;
- Modelling of non-conventional arrangements of micro-arrays;
- Computation of the mutual inductance and system stiffness via in-house developed MATLAB code
You will be part of a larger team within the Institute of Microstructure Technology (IMT), which offers you the possibility to fabricate and test the devices, and gives you the opportunity to co-author conference and/or journal publications.
as soon as possible
- Field of study: Maschinenbau, Elektrotechnik, Physik
- Good academic record;
- Fluent English, good communication and presentation skills;
- Knowledge/experience in programing, in particular, MatLAB;
- Interest in electro-mechanics, and levitation micro-actuators;
- Candidate should reside in Germany/EU;
- Enthusiasm to work independently in multidisciplinary, multicultural environment.
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Emil Mamleyev, phone +49 721 608-29306, email: email@example.com.
Bitte bewerben Sie sich online über den unten stehenden Button für die Ausschreibungsnummer IMT 14-2022.
Ausschreibungsnummer: IMT 14-2022
Bei gleicher Eignung werden anerkannt schwerbehinderte Menschen bevorzugt berücksichtigt.
Bei allgemeinen Fragen zur Bewerbung:
Personalservice (PSE) - Personalbetreuung
Frau Carrasco Sanchez
Telefon: +49 721 608-42016,
Kaiserstr. 12, 76131 Karlsruhe