Postdoctoral Position (f/m/d)
Laboratorium für Elektronenmikroskopie (LEM)
KIT is one of the biggest research and education institutions worldwide. Being “The Research University” in the Helmholtz Association, KIT creates and imparts knowledge for the society and the environment. The Laboratory for Electron Microscopy (LEM) is the central facility for Electron Microscopy at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT).
You will be responsible for:
- Characterization of high-temperature electrolysis cells using analytical transmission electron microscopy, electron tomography and scanning electron microscopy
- Development of project-relevant electron microscopic methods
- Close collaboration with project partners from different fields (physics, materials science, chemists, electrical engineering)
- Correlation of microstructural and electrochemical properties
- Contribution to material development
- Mentoring of Master and Bachelor students
- Presentation of results at international conferences
- Documentation and publication of results
The ideal candidate:
- Should hold a degree in physics or material science. During the PhD work the candidate should have gained expertise in advanced (scanning) transmission electron microscopy and focused-ion-beam characterization of materials.
- Should have excellent skills in the English language as well as communication and presentation skills. German knowledge is advantageous.
- Should have the ability to drive progress in a team setting.
The remuneration occurs on the basis of the wage agreement of the civil service in TV-L E13.
for 36 months with the possibility of extension.
Application up to
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Dr.-Ing. Heike Störmer, email@example.com.
Please apply online (firstname.lastname@example.org) with motivation letter, curriculum vitae, publication list, and copies of your Bachelor, Master and PhD certificates.
We prefer to balance the number of female and male employees. Therefore, we kindly encourage female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.