Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d) in Environmental Analytical Chemistry
Research questions of the Chair of Water Chemistry and Water Technology of the Engler-Bunte-Institut concern water quality and water treatment. We look for you to work in the field of environmental analytical chemistry focusing on the phenomenon of contamination of organic micropollutants in aquatic environment, as well as on methods for their elimination.
- Leading of the research activities in the field of water quality with a focus on organic micropollutants
- Supervision of PhD candidates, Master and Bachelor students, as well as a technician
- Participation in national and international projects
- Writing of proposals, acquiring of external funds
- Scientific dissemination - writing publications, reports etc.
- Participating in teaching
zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt / as soon as possible
- PhD degree in chemistry, environmental sciences, or similar field
- High self-motivation, eagerness to solve problems, being open to challenges, team spirit
- In-depth understanding of water/environmental chemistry
- Experience in liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry, including method development and troubleshooting, and other analytical techniques
- Experience in project management and team leading is an asset
- Good communication skills in English (spoken and written), German is an asset
The renumeration occurs on the basis of the wage agreement of the civil service in TV-L, E 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
limited to three years, with a possibility of the extension up to six years
Application up to
December 31, 2021
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Prof. Harald Horn, email: email@example.com.
Please send your application (motivation letter, curriculum vitae with a list of publications, PhD certificate, diplomas, and contact information for at least two academic references) as a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
vacancy number: 2171/2021
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore, we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.