M. Sc. Software Engineering (f/m/d)
Institute of Nanotechnology (INT)
- Method development, IT infrastructure: You actively work on the further development of the IT infrastructure of the Material Digital platform (www,material-digital.de). You will expand the SimStack workflow environment (www.simstack.de) and work on its integration into the MaterialDigital innovation platform (PMD). This includes the provision of a web interface for the workflow environment and its connection to decentralised data sources, computing capacities and ontologies.
- Application/Publication: In addition to developing documentation material and conducting tutorials, you will support project partners at KIT and national research institutions as well as industry partners in developing and implementing workflows within the PMD infrastructure. In addition, the methods developed in this way will be applied to current problems in cooperation with materials science working groups and published in international journals.
- Expand/Support: You are partly responsible for the IT infrastructure of the Material Digital platform and are to support KIT in the application and implementation of new European/national projects in the digitisation of materials research. This applies in particular with regard to the acquisition and implementation of third-party funding projects. Furthermore, you will be responsible for supporting users in the application and further development of the software and workflow solutions provided.
as soon as possible
- M.Sc. in Informatics, Research Software Engineering, Data Science or Data Engineering
- Good knowledge of software/workflow engineering, experience with object-oriented programming (Python, C++)
- experience with the creation of websites/interfaces (e.g. using Flask), container solutions (Docker, Singularity), databases (PostGres, NoSQL, Blazegraph).
- Work experience with HPC systems
- Good German and English language skills
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
limited to 2 years
Application up to
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Prof. Wolfgang Wenzel, phone +49 721 608-26386.
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 654/2021.
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.
Personnel Support is provided by:
Personalservice (PSE) - Human Resources
Phone: +49 721 608-25093,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany