Research Fellow (f/m/d)
Institute of Applied Geosciences (AGW)
At the Chair of Geochemistry and Economic Geology, we focus our research on hydrothermal ore deposits, geochemistry of geothermal systems, re-mining of mine waste and pollutant dynamics, and wish to develop strong and visible research in these fields. We offer this new position in order to strengthen the application of LA-ICPMS to ore geology and related research questions. Our laboratory is equipped with an excimer laser (Teledyne), a sector field and a quadrupole ICP-MS (Element XR, iCAP QR; ThermoFisher). Access to a multi collector ICP-MS is possible. A preference will be given to individuals, who also developed expertise in XRD techniques including Rietveld refinement.
Your tasks are:
- to conduct research and develop methods for mineral analysis with LA-ICPMS in the field of our research focus;
- to publish in international peer-reviewed journals and present research results at scientific meetings;
- teaching undergraduate and graduate courses (in German after 2 years);
- to develop an own research portfolio and research group with PhD, Master and undergraduate students at the Chair of Geochemistry and Economic Geology;
- to generate multidisciplinary collaboration nationally and internationally and to apply for research grants from public funds and industry.
as soon as possible
- MSc and PhD degree (or equivalent) in geosciences or related subjects with research interests in developing methods for the LA-ICPMS technology applied to research questions in the fields named above
- proven track record in producing high quality publications
- capacity for interdisciplinary and international teamwork and excellent communication skills
The remuneration occurs on the basis of the wage agreement of the civil service in TV-L E13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
limited to 3 years (can be extended for another 3 years)
Application up to
October 29, 2021
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Jochen Kolb, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +49 (0)721/608-47356.
Please send your application including a cover letter, your CV, and all certificates/referees in electronic form to: email@example.com
vacancy number: 2143/2021
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore, we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.