5 Scientists (f/m/d) in Computational and Data Science
KIT Graduate School Computational and Data Science
Institut für Fahrzeugsystemtechnik (FAST), Institut für Informationssicherheit und Verlässlichkeit (KASTEL), Institut für Meteorologie und Klimaforschung - Department Troposphärenforschung (IMK-TRO), Institut für Wasser und Gewässerentwicklung (IWG), KIT-Zentrum MathSEE, Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
KIT Graduate School Computational and Data Science (KCDS) is a graduate school at KIT Center MathSEE that offers an interdisciplinary training program for doctoral researchers in the field of model-driven and data-driven computational science.
Are you interested in bridging the gap between mathematical sciences on the one side and natural sciences, engineering and economics on the other side?
In this unique doctoral program, you will be able to conduct an interdisciplinary research project that revolves around computational methods such as mathematical models, simulation methods and data science techniques, all the while building bridges between mathematical sciences and an applied discipline.
Addressing global challenges, the school provides a wide variety of topics, from climate and weather modelling to machine learning techniques in cyber-physical systems such as autonomous cars (see the list of the doctoral projects on the KCDS graduate school website).
The doctoral projects include positions at the following KIT institutes:
- Institute of Vehicle System Technology (FAST) – Lightweight Design Division (LB)
- Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research (IMK-TRO)
- Institute of Water and River Basin Management (IWG)
- Institute of Information Security and Dependability (KASTEL)
- Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
You will have one supervisor from the mathematical sciences and one from the applied discipline. You will be part of a dynamic community and participate in the school’s interdisciplinary training program, including hands-on training in small groups, summer schools, networking events and hackathons/datathons.
Please hand in your application online including the following documents:
- Completed KCDS Scientific Profile form (see KCDS website)
- Motivational statement of max. 500 words
- All academic records including Master transcript of records, Bachelor certificate and transcript of records and High School Certificate. Please also include official English translation of Master and Bachelor transcripts. - If you have already received your Master certificate, you should also include it, but it's possible to hand it in later (by the start of your doctoral phase).
Find two independent referees, who should directly send the KCDS reference letter form (see KCDS website) to email@example.com using their corporate email accounts as proof of authenticity.
We invite everyone interested to a “KCDS Virtual Open House” on Thursday, March 30 from 10-12:00h CET (no prior registration necessary). Find the link to the virtual meeting on the KCDS website.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a (virtual) one-day selection event. See more information on the procedure on the KCDS website.
June - August 2023
- Master or an equivalent degree in mathematical sciences or a SEE discipline (natural sciences, engineering, economics) received no later than the starting date of your doctoral studies
- We expect good writing and oral communication skills in English.
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
Application up to
April 17, 2023
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact contact Angela Hühnerfuß, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bitte bewerben Sie sich online über den unten stehenden Button für die Ausschreibungsnummer 2085/2023.
Wir streben eine möglichst gleichmäßige Besetzung der Arbeitsplätze mit Beschäftigten (w/m/d) an und würden uns daher insbesondere über Bewerbungen von Frauen freuen.
Bei gleicher Eignung werden anerkannt schwerbehinderte Menschen bevorzugt berücksichtigt.
Bei allgemeinen Fragen zur Bewerbung:
Personalservice (PSE) - Personalbetreuung
Frau Carrasco Sanchez
Telefon: +49 721 608-42016,
Kaiserstr. 12, 76131 Karlsruhe