Research Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
The JointLab Exascale Earth System Modelling Booster (JL-ExaESM-Booster) funded by the Helmholtz Association aims at developing innovative concepts for high-resolution climate models. One of the challenges is the optimization of massive data transfers on GPU-based computer architectures using Earth System Models (ESM)
Contribute to build the next generation of simulation codes for exascale supercomputers. Tasks for this position include:
- Porting of Parallel ESM modules to GPU architectures
- Performance analysis of existing ESM Codes
- Adoption of data flows in simulation to modern HPC architectures
- Documentation and publication of results
- Co-supervision of PhD researcher working on the same project
We look for a research software engineer with
- you have a university degree (Diplom / (Uni) Master) in research software engineering or comparable
- Experience in the development of high-performance computing code (MPI,Open MP, Fortran or C++) or GPU-Code (OpenACC or CUDA)
- Strong Interest in applications in the reserach field climate and environment
- Proven documenting, reporting and writing skills, and experience with collaborative work
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
Application up to
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Dr. Joerg Meyer (Joerg.Meyer2@kit.edu)
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 597/2021.
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.
Personnel Support is provided by:
Personalservice (PSE) - Human Resources
Phone: +49 721 608-25029,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany