IPE 16-20 Masterthesis: Development of a MicroTCA data acquisition system for the ultrafast line camera KALYPSO
Institute for Data Processing and Electronics (IPE)
KALYPSO is a family of line scan detector for visible light and near-infrared radiation, which is developed at IPE. KALYPSO operates at frame rates of more than 100 Mega frames-per-second, and is one of the fastest line scan detector in the world. Line scan detectors are indispensable tools in beam physics for the measurements of electron beam profiles with a time resolution down to a few femtoseconds.
In this thesis you will adopt the existing readout electronics for integration of KALYPSO into a MicroTCA crate. Such technology step is essential for the next generation of beam diagnostics experiments with multiple KALYPSO devices. MicroTCA® is a modular, open standard for building high performance switched fabric computer systems with a small form factor
as soon as possible
- Study to the MicroTCA platform and the KALYPSO detector system
- Develop the FPGA firmware and integrate KALYPSO into the MicroTCA platform
- Commissioning at KIT beam lines
- Knowledge in Verilog/VHDL (basic)
- Embedded and hardware programming (better but not required)
- Previous experience with developing for a Xilinx Zynq SoC (better but not required)
limited regarding study regulations
Contact person in line-management
Dr. Ing. Michele Caselle (IPE) (0721 / 608 25903), email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number IPE 16-20.
Ausschreibungsnummer: IPE 16-20
If qualified, severely disabled persons will be preferred.
Personnel Support is provided by:
Phone: +49 721 608-25184,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany