- with a completed PhD -
The aim of your work is the development of technical criteria and scenarios for the implementation of a heat supply and storage from deep geothermal energy using the example of the KIT Campus North in close cooperation with the general public and various stakeholders. The work is integrated in the project "Use of geothermal energy for a climate-neutral heat supply at KIT (GFB) - inter- and transdisciplinary co-design of an implementation concept (GECKO).
Your tasks include:
- Evaluation of the accessible petrophysical, hydraulic and hydrochemical data from drilling in the vicinity of the KIT
- Development of geothermal underground management models (geological, reservoir and THM-coupled models) for KIT Campus North
- Development of usage scenarios considering stakeholder need
- Integration of stakeholder needs in numerical modeling
- Participation in the preparation, implementation and follow-up of social science workshops
- Compilation of data for publications and preparation of publications
The ideal candidate should hold a university degree (diploma (university) / master) and doctoral degree in Applied Geosciences or Geophysics. Experience in THM modeling and hydrochemistry is required. Teamwork and very good knowledge of English (spoken / written) round off your profile.
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
Institute for Nuclear Waste Disposal (INE)
limited until February 28, 2022
Application up to
April, 3 2020
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Schill, phone 0721 608-24360/45049.
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 92/2020.
Personnel Support is provided by
Telefon: +49 721 608-25029,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
If qualified, severely disabled persons will be preferred.