6 Doctoral Researchers (f/m/d) in Computational and Data Science KIT Graduate School Computational and Data Science
Institut für Beschleunigerphysik und Technologie (IBPT), Institut für Fördertechnik und Logistiksysteme (IFL), Institut für Informationssicherheit und Verlässlichkeit (KASTEL), Institut für Meteorologie und Klimaforschung - Department Troposphärenforschung (IMK-TRO), Institut für Operations Research (IOR), KIT-Zentrum MathSEE, Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
KIT Graduate School Computational and Data Science (KCDS) is a new graduate school at KIT Center MathSEE starting in winter semester 2022/23 that offers an interdisciplinary training program for doctoral researchers in the field of model-driven and data-driven computational science.
Are you interested in bridging the gap between mathematical sciences on the one side and natural sciences, engineering and economics on the other side?
In this unique doctoral program, you will be able to conduct an interdisciplinary research project that revolves around computational methods such as mathematical models, simulation methods and data science techniques, all the while building bridges between mathematical sciences and an applied discipline.
Addressing global challenges, the school provides a wide variety of topics, from climate and weather modelling to machine learning techniques in cyber-physical systems such as autonomous cars (see the list of the doctoral projects on the KCDS graduate school website).
The doctoral projects include positions at the following KIT institutes:
- Institute for Beam Physics and Technology (IBPT)
- Institute for Material Handling and Logistics (IFL)
- Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research, Department for Troposphere Research (IMK-TRO)
- Institute of Operations Research (IOR)
- Institute of Information Security and Dependability (KASTEL)
- Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
- Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC), Simulation and Data Life Cycle Lab Earth System Sciences (SDL ESS)
You will have one supervisor from the mathematical sciences and one from the applied discipline. You will be part of a dynamic community and participate in the school’s interdisciplinary training program, including hands-on training in small groups, summer schools, networking events and hackathons/datathons.
Send your application if you can see the potential in thinking simulations and data together and if you are ready to conquer the data driven challenges of tomorrow!
Please hand in your application online including the following documents:
- Completed KCDS Scientific Profile form (see KCDS website)
- Motivational statement of max. 500 words
- All academic records including Master certificate and transcript of records, Bachelor certificate and transcript of records and High School Certificate. Please also include official English translation of Master and Bachelor transcripts.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a (virtual) one-day selection event. See more information on the procedure on the KCDS website.
The following qualifications are required:
- Master or an equivalent degree in mathematical sciences or a SEE discipline (natural sciences, engineering, economics) received no later than the starting date of your doctoral studies
- We expect good writing and oral communication skills in English.
The remuneration occurs on the basis of the wage agreement of the civil service in TV-L E13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
Das bieten wir Ihnen
We offer you an attractive and modern workplace with access to the excellent equipment of the KIT, a varied work, a wide range of training opportunities, flexible working time models, an allowance for the job ticket BW and a casino/cafeteria.
Application up to
August 29, 2022
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Angela Hühnerfuß, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bitte bewerben Sie sich online über den unten stehenden Button für die Ausschreibungsnummer 2163/2022.
Wir streben eine möglichst gleichmäßige Besetzung der Arbeitsplätze mit Beschäftigten (w/m/d) an und würden uns daher insbesondere über Bewerbungen von Frauen freuen.
Bei gleicher Eignung werden anerkannt schwerbehinderte Menschen bevorzugt berücksichtigt.
Bei allgemeinen Fragen zur Bewerbung:
Personalservice (PSE) - Personalbetreuung
Frau Carrasco Sanchez
Telefon: +49 721 608-42016,
Kaiserstr. 12, 76131 Karlsruhe