IPE 18-20 Bachelor- or Masterthesis: Development of an FPGA-based SoC design for real-time data processing and control
Institute for Data Processing and Electronics (IPE)
IPE has developed a universal data acquisition platform for a broad range of applications ranging from photon-science, and electron beam diagnostics to high-energy physics experiments. The next generation of this platform should reach a data throughput of 240 Gb/s and above. Key components of our concept are the latest FPGA family combined with fast optical data-links. In this thesis you will use the latest Xilinx Zynq System-on-Chip (SoC), which combines an FPGA and an ARM processor in one chip and integrate it in our DAQ platform.
as soon as possible
- Study the Xilinx Zynq platform and its development tools
- Setup the Linux environment for the embedded ARM processor
- Develop a framework to exchange data between ARM and FPGA
- Establish a workflow to implement control algorithms combining resources from FPGA and ARM
- Programming in C and basic knowledge in Verilog/VHDL
- Design of embedded systems and hardware programming (optional)
- Experience with Xilinx Zynq SoC (optional)
limited regarding study regulations
Contact person in line-management
Dr.-Ing. Michele Caselle (0721 / 608 25903),
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number IPE 18-20.
Ausschreibungsnummer: IPE 18-20
If qualified, severely disabled persons will be preferred.
Personnel Support is provided by:
Phone: +49 721 608-25184,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany