Systems Architect (f/m/d)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
In order to network Helmholtz data centers, Big Data storage, high-performance computing clusters and IT infrastructures with the services required for research, the Helmholtz Association has created the Helmholtz Federated ICT Services (HIFIS) platform. The Helmholtz Cloud, built as part of this platform, provides federated services from the Helmholtz centers to all centers and their partners as a large-scale science cloud.
As a member of the Helmholtz Association, KIT, through the SCC as the Center for Information Technology (IT) at KIT, has been heavily involved in the further developments of the HIFIS platform from the very beginning. Accordingly, the SCC is also represented with its own services in the Helmholtz Cloud (www.helmholtz.cloud).
They will work in the HIFIS focal topic Cloud Services and contribute responsibly to the further development of the Helmholtz Cloud. For sustainable operation, the topics of service management and IT/cyber security in particular must be adequately addressed.
Your main tasks:
- In collaboration, among others with colleagues from Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin, you will work on the scientific development and implementation of concepts and strategies to align operational aspects for service management and IT/cyber security on the side of the service providers and the provided services, with the requirements for the management of the Helmholtz Cloud.
- At the SCC, you will contribute to the further development of the SCC cloud platform OpenStack, considering the above-mentioned topics, in order to integrate it into the Helmholtz Cloud as a further KIT service.
sofort / asap
- A degree in computer science or a university degree in the natural sciences (at least master's level).
- Good knowledge in the operation of distributed IT infrastructures.
- Good knowledge in the operation of Linux systems, in the use of tools for automated system/configuration management (e.g. Git and Ansible), as well as in various programming and scripting languages (e.g. Java, Python, PHP) is an advantage.
- Knowledge regarding the cloud platform OpenStack rounds off your profile in the best case.
- Good knowledge of English (spoken / written)
The SCC offers you an exciting and varied job within an agile team as well as a wide range of training opportunities and flexible and family-friendly working time models. For more information about SCC as your new work home, please visit https://www.scc.kit.edu/en/aboutus/working-at-scc.php
We are looking forward to your application (Motivations letter / CV / Certificates)!
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
limited up to 2 years
Application up to
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Mr. Scheibenberger (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone +49 721 608-42066.
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 227/2023.
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.
Personnel Support is provided by:
Personalservice (PSE) - Human Resources
Phone: +49 721 608-25029,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany